SV: Apache configuration

Hi Vince,

I don't know anything about how to set up a web service and what
Apache configuration entries are needed.

However, I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people in that field over in the easy400 list. I'm sure they'll be very willing to help out.

In your initial post you wrote that your old test web service was a CGI program (or so I gather from the URL specifying a directory named /cgibin), so it would be a good guess that you (or someone else) developed it using the CGIDEV2 service program.

www.easy400.net is devoted to promoting the use of CGIDEV2 (primarily for generating normal dynamic web pages to be shown in web browsers, but increasingly also for use in the web service field) and Giovanni Perotti and other participants in the easy400 list have shown that they know how to set up the Apache configuration on other occasions.

I'm sure that once you tell them what your web service program is called (I'd guess VESCL.PGM), where it's located (library) and how it's called (what URL to use -- I'd guess http://sysName:14444/cgibin/vescl) they'll be able to tell you what is needed with regards to the Apache configuration for it to work.

In essence from an Apache point of view there's no real difference if the CGI program works as a web service returning XML or if it works as a dynamic web page returning HTML.

NB! If you haven't already signed up for the easy400 list, you can do so from the easy400 site.

FWIW, this is from the FAQ on the Easy400 site:
How to implement an Apache HTTP configuration for CGI?
http://www.easy400.net/cgidev2o/faq39.htm?ts=0.18315931829076781

Who knows, maybe this all you need to know. :-)

Best of luck!

Regards,
Kaj