From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 11:47
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Apache configuration

Hi Vince,

> All that I am trying to get to (at this point) is how to configure
> apache to provide a place for me to build a web service with
> HTTPAPI.

I'm not certain whether you understand this already, so I'll say it just
to make sure we're on the same page:  HTTPAPI cannot be used to provide
a web service.

HTTPAPI is a client-side tool. It can be used to _call_ a web service
that's provided by another tool (such as Apache, IWS, Tomcat, WebSphere,
IIS, etc)

If you use a traditional web site as an analogy, HTTPAPI takes the role
of the "web browser".  Apache takes the role of the "web server."

That said, you'd never set up a web service (or web site) without
testing it.  So you might use HTTPAPI for calling/testing your web
service (I know that I do!)

> I know that there is a file somewhere in which some entry goes into
> to determine a port for the server.  The fact is, rambling on as I am
> I've begun to recall some of this and will pursue it.

Apache configuration files normally live in:
    /www/your-instance-name/conf/httpd.conf

however, the proper way to edit them is with the IBM HTTP *ADMIN tool.
You aren't supposed to change these files by hand.