From: Scott Klement [mailto:sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:41
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Selders, Vince E
Subject: Re: Apache configuration

Hiya Vince,

I don't understand your reactions to Sean and Loek's posts.  I don't see
where Sean "admonished" you or felt like you were "infecting" anything.
  Please don't take it so personally.  There are many different cultures
participating in this list.  We don't all see things/phrase things the
same way.

I do agree that you haven't given us enough information to diagnose the
problem. We want to help you, but we need additional information to do
so...  that's not offensive, is it?

Anyway, please create a debug/trace log.  This is done by adding code like:
      http_debug(*on);

To the top of your RPG program that uses HTTPAPI.  Once you've added
that code, HTTPAPI will log stuff to a file in the IFS named
/tmp/httpapi_debug.txt  Please post that file, here... that'll give us
much more information.

The other possibility is that the problem is occurring in "web service",
the program running under the HTTP server.  If this is an RPG program
running through the CGI interface, you can use a SEP to debug it, very
much like you would debug a batch job.  Might be worth a try to step
through the code.

As far as the list topic goes, we can help you with HTTPAPI.  IF it
turns out that the problem is occurring somewhere on the server side,
such as in Apache or in an RPG Program you have running under Apache
(etc) then, I'd be happy to help -- but I'd like to take the topic to
another forum or mailing list, because I'd like to keep this mailing
list focused on HTTPAPI/FTPAPI.  I'd like to know more about how the
HTTP side is hosted (are you using a toolkit like CGIDEV2?) so I can
recommend the best resource.

But, at this point, the problem may still be in HTTPAPI -- so let's
explore that, okay?

Ultimately, we want to help -- we just need more information.  Please
take these requests for more information in the best possible light.

-SK