Re: EXPORT, IMPORT and FTPAPI

   Charles,
   I completely agree with you. Beside encapsulating the session
   implementation in a separate module I also would merge all the MODS
   into a single wkSession structure. I am not completely sure about it
   but I think that I introduced most of the MODS when I enhanced FTPAPI
   to run multiple sessions without conflicts. I did it that way because
   I had not enough time to do it right.
   So something like that might be the right way to go:
     // Initializes the sessions module. Called only once.
     SESSIONS_initialize()
     // Creates a new instance.
     SESSIONS_newInstance()
     // Returns the instance that is
     // associated to a given handle
     SESSIONS_getInstance()
     // Saves a given instance
     SESSIONS_saveInstance()
     // Destroys a given instance
     SESSIONS_destroyInstance()
     // Terminates the session module. Called only once.
     // May check for active instances and either throw
     // an error messages or gently terminate the instances.
     SESSIONS_terminate()
   Thomas.

   <iseries@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   > > Thanks, Charles.
   > >
   > > That would seem cleaner - but the fact is, that's what we have
   now, and as
   > > Scott indicted in the comments, the module is larger than we might
   lock.
   > > Maybe I'm missing something but I cannot envision a way to put all
   the
   > > references to MODS subfields into one module without limiting
   ourselves to
   > > only that one module, since the multi-occurrence variables are
   used all over
   > > the place.  (Consider, for example, wkErrNum, which is a subfield
   of MODS
   > > wkSession...)  So I'm interested - how would you pull this off?
   (It's a

   -

   --
   IMPORTANT NOTICE:
   This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the