RE: HTTPAPI returns a "Host name look up failed"

   Hi Scott,

   Thanks very much for the reply.  It would seem that the DNS addresses
   in my configuration were old, no longer used addresses.  Michael Ryan
   was right on the money in asking me to check the configuration.  I'll
   tell you what I told him: Once I changed them to the currently correct
   values, I got past the error and actually got the GEOIP program to
   return to the statement where the DSPLY occurs - which I interpret as
   meaning that the request went out and got a normal reply of some
   sort.  However, the countryname variable contains a blank value -
   which I interpret to mean that there's something still wrong.  I'm
   sort of like a blind man trying to get through a maze.  Any ideas on
   what I should do to determine why I'm not getting a value back for the
   country name?
   Thanks,

   Rich
   > Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:49:08 -0500
   > From: sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Subject: Re: HTTPAPI returns a "Host name look up failed"
   >
   > Hi Rich,
   >
   > What is the hostname you're having trouble with? Does a lookup
   succeed
   > from the command-line, but fails from HTTPAPI? If you can give me
   the
   > hostname, I'll check if it fails for me too...
   >

   > Rich Kitterman wrote:
   > > Hi,
   > > I'm a complete novice at this, but am in the process of trying to
   > > educate myself. This problem is happening on a machine running
   V5R1,