RE: HTTPAPI calls slower in our production environment

   Hi Mike / Charles
   We found the problem.
   We can see that the AS400_TEST server is configured to first look up a
   host name in the local host table.  AS400_PRODUCTION is set up to use
   the DNS server first for a name look up.
   When we ping the WINDOWS_TEST server from AS400_TEST server  we get a
   quick response with the server name and no domain name at the end of
   the server name.
   When we ping the WINDOWS_PRODUCTION server from AS400_PRODUCTION server
    we get a slow response with the server name and the domain name added
   at the end of the server name.
   We re-configured the AS400_PRODUCTION server and it is now as fast as
   we expect it to be.
   Thanks for then help.
   Regards
   Derick Venter
   Applications Developer IV

   [cid:_4_07E90E0007E90A000032667442257C5A]

   Systems Integration
   Tel: +27 (13) 247 2816 Fax: +27 (0) 86 573 2274
   Cell: +27 (0) 83 458 6599
   Email: [1]derick.venter@xxxxxxxxxx
   [2]www.gijima.com