Re: HTTPAPI calls slower in our production environment

   Do you have debug on in production by chance?
   That's the only HTTPAPI related slowdown I can think of.
   Other than that, I'd look to make sure it's not the Windows side.  Can
   you call the windows service with SoapUI or maybe call the DEV/TEST
   from your production i?
   Assuming you can confirm it is the i, one thing to check would be the
   configuration of IP6 on production.  Users on the midrange list have
   reported poor network performance (granted mostly Java apps) when IP6
   is incompletely configured.
   Can you add some dsply op-codes to display time stamps (or use the
   debug message in HTTPAPI) to see if the slowdown is in the network code
   or your RPG code?  If you have performance tools, you could use those
   also.
   You might consider making sure the times on the machines are reasonably
   in sync (hopefully both are using the same NTP service) and then run a
   comm trace on both sides.  That would let you see if the network itself
   is the issue.
   Lastly, look at the environment where the HTTPAPI using app is running,
   QINTER or QBATCH?  Do you have enough activity levels?  You may want to
   try moving it to it's own dedicated subsystem with dedicated memory at
   least temporarily to ensure that you have total control of it's
   environment.
   HTH,
   CHarles

   On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:51 AM, <[1]Venter.Derick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>