Success

First off, I whole heartedly apologize for the fire storm my post caused.  It was never my intent to cause such tension.

I am happy to announce that it was indeed a server configuration issue.  I have worked through it and ran my dusty old web consumer and it performed entirely as expected.

Thank you all for your patience, as always, I am thoroughly impressed with this list and your ability to provide suggestions, links and valuable information.