Re: 'Bad Soap Action....cannot figure out

On 5/13/2011 3:49 AM, rags rags wrote:
> Now this web service, WSDL is testing fine on SOAPUI, it doesnt have
> any extra parameters defined which is why I thought WSDL2RPG was
> failing to create a stub of the WSDL I was given.  I then used Scott's
> tutorial and created an RPGLE program directly using Scott's HTTPAPI
> and it started saying 'Bad Soap Action'.  works just fine through
> soapUI.

If it works fine through SoapUI, but not through HTTPAPI, then most
likely you made a mistake when you defined either the SOAP message or
the SoapAction.

>  attached the wsdl script too.  I displayed the String value from the
>  Incoming procedure.....

The WSDL you attached has been modified.  It's no longer a valid XML
document.  I'm guessing you displayed it in a browser, then copy/pasted
it to a text file?  Please don't do that.

Send us the original, unchanged, WSDL file.  Otherwise, it's useless to
me.  (Unless I want to fix the XML by hand!)

>     DSPLY  Cannot figure out operation name. Bad SOAPAction o
>     DSPLY  [1]xmlns.oracle.com/syncokProcess

This seems to corroborate what I said before.  You are defining the
SoapAction incorrectly.

I find it curious that after seeing this message, you still didn't tell
us anything about the SoapAction that you are sending.  How could we
know whether it's correct or not, if you don't tell us what you're sending?

> <faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode><faultstring>com/ibm/as400/access
> /AS400ConnectionPool.setCCSID(I)V</faultstring>

I'm guessing something is messed up in your IWS.  There were some PTFs
for this issue described here:

If that doesn't help, then I suggest contacting IBM support.  A message
like this isn't something that you are doing wrong -- it's something
wrong with the IWS itself.  My guess is that your jt400.jar is out of
date... but that's just a guess.

>     On the RDi I created a web service which is even more straightforward
>     except it creates a lot more Java programs. But it tests just
>     fine.....problem I cant use it is that it doesnt let me change it from
>     a localhost to something similar to what the IWS does.

I'm not familiar with this method of making a web service.  I didn't
think RDi had any web service tools in it?  (Unless you mean RDi-SOA?)
But even if that's what you mean, I'm not going to be much help, I'm not
a WebSphere guy.