From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rags rags
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 3:49 AM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 'Bad Soap Action....cannot figure out

Hi there,

I know this might not be the right place to ask this question, but it is
related.

I never used RPG to create a web service before.  I was using HTTPAPI and
WSDL2RPG to consume a web service.
Now this web service, WSDL is testing fine on SOAPUI, it doesnt have any
extra parameters defined which is why I thought WSDL2RPG was failing to
create a stub of the WSDL I was given.  I then used Scott's tutorial and
created an RPGLE program directly using Scott's HTTPAPI and it started
saying 'Bad Soap Action'.  works just fine through soapUI.
attached the wsdl script too.  I displayed the String value from the
Incoming procedure.....
DSPLY
DSPLY  null:syncok
DSPLY  Cannot figure out operation name. Bad SOAPAction o
DSPLY  xmlns.oracle.com/syncokProcess
DSPLY
DSPLY
DSPLY
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
from the logs
<env:Envelope xmlns:env="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";><env:Header/><env:Body><env:Faultxmlns="
http://xmlns.oracle.com/syncok";><faultcodexmlns="">null:syncok</faultcode><faultstring
xmlns="">Cannot figure out
operation name. Bad SOAPAction or wsa:Action.</faultstring><faultactor
xmlns="">http://xmlns.oracle.com/syncok/syncokProcess
</faultactor></env:Fault></env:Body></env:Envelope>
Please can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong or is wrong with
the compatibility here.

Also on a related question...i tried to simulate what this guy was doing by
creating a web service using the IWS using Scott's tutorial again.  It gave
me a great looking wsdl...and then when I test it using either soapUI or the
IWS test service function...
it first says <faultcode>*soapenv:Server*</faultcode><faultstring>*
com/ibm/as400/access/AS400ConnectionPool.setCCSID(I)V*</faultstring>
and then when I run it again (didnt do this on purpose, just tested it on
soapUI next) it starts saying
<faultcode>*soapenv:Server*</faultcode>
* * <faultstring>*iseries.wsbeans.tst_srv.TST_SRV (initialization failure)*
</faultstring>
some 'No such method or'...exception at the bottom of the error log pile...

On the RDi I created a web service which is even more straightforward except
it creates a lot more Java programs. But it tests just fine.....problem I
cant use it is that it doesnt let me change it from a localhost to something
similar to what the IWS does.
Please advise.
Apologies for taking a lot of your time...hope you can help though...
Thanks,
Warm regards,
Raghu