Re: WebService from AS400

Musthafa,

You do not necessarily need another machine to run Tomcat. If you want to can install Tomcat right on
your System i. There is a lot of information about that topic available on the Internet:

Ready to go Tomcat 5 server. (Never tried that on my own)
http://wiki.rjssoftware.com/wiki/index.php/Installing_Apache_Tomcat_Server_5.0.28_on_iSeries

Actually: How to run Cocoon on System i but also with some information about Tomcat
http://iseries-toolkit.sourceforge.net/cocoon.html

Article about Tomcat on System i. You may take the provided "tomcat400.sh" script and modify it for a
more current Tomcat version.
http://www.mcpressonline.com/operating-systems/linux-open-source/tomcat-for-os400-an-open-source-web-application-server.html

Regards,

Thomas.