Re: WebService from AS400

   mushtafa, you need to serve or consume a web service ?

   if the second one is your need, httpapi is the answer.

   Best Regards

   2009/12/23 Mohamed Musthafa Safarulla
   <[1]mohamedmusthafa.safarulla@xxxxxxxxx>

       I know lot of you guys are far advanced and using AS400 as a some
       machine about to be kicked out. For me it has been the the bread
     and
       butter for a good 4 years now. But seeming now i can see this is
     not
       the plat for i can hang on to for a long time as people are so
     hush
       hush about new technologies.
       I was provided with an as400 application, client access. I picked
     up
       the source code well, understood the business well, but never
     felt
       myself moving far ahead with technologies. When i see people are
     doing
       great things with Java, PHP & what not with AS400. They are using
       WebSphere developement server to create webservices, create
     program
       sources with good GUI.
       I was always in a bubble and when i looked at the system
     installed
       softwares latest Java is there and we had the CDs of WebSphere
       developement center etc. I never hooked up with it, I realized
     all
       these very lately and i know there are so many out there like me
     would
       like to hear on my concerns.
       Please guide and en-light me/us
       Thanks,