RE: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error ON SERVER RUNNING V5R3

   Hi Scott
   I'm attaching the code and the error log that I got in
   httpapi_debug.txt. I modified you example and tried to access a
   different webservice and got this error. Please advise what mistake I
   have done or overlooked.
   Thanxz
   Ashok
   > Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:05:48 -0600
   > From: sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Subject: Re: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error ON SERVER RUNNING
   V5R3

   > Hello,
   >
   > Ashok Kumar wrote:
   > > I too am getting the same error. I'm in V5R4.
   >
   > Actually, you probably AREN'T getting the same error, unless you're
   > calling the same web service with the same code.
   >
   > '500 Internal Server Error' doesn't tell you what the error is! Just
   > that an error occurred. Nothing more or less.
   >
   > And, at the risk of saying something obvious, '500 Internal Server
   > Error' is a message coming from the **server**, not from HTTPAPI.
   All
   > it's tell you is that something is wrong.
   >
   > More error information should've been sent to you in the download
   from
   > the server -- use that to determine what the problem is. If you
   still
   > don't know what the error is, please post your code, the WSDL for
   the
   > web service, and an httpapi_debug.txt log. (Bewarre, the debug log
   may
   > contain sensitive information, such as any userid or password used.)

   -

   Windows Live: Keep your life in sync. [1]Check it out.

References

   1. http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_012009
/Free
    Soap = '<soapenv:Envelope +
        xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"; +
        xmlns:web="http://www.webserviceX.NET";> +
        <soapenv:Header/> +
        <soapenv:Body> +
          <web:GetInfoByZIP> +
            <!--Optional:--> +
            <web:USZip>' + %trim(zipc) + '</web:USZip> +
          </web:GetInfoByZIP> +
        </soapenv:Body> +
      </soapenv:Envelope>';

     http_setCCSIDs(1208: 0);
     http_debug(*ON);
     rc = http_post_xml('http://www.webservicex.net/uszip.asmx'
            : %addr(Soap) + Varyingdataoffset
            : %len(Soap)
            : *NULL
            : %paddr(MapXmlData)
            : %addr(CITY)
            : HTTP_TIMEOUT
            : HTTP_USERAGENT
            : 'text/xml; charset=UTF-8'
            : '"http://www.webservicex.net/GetInfoByZIP";');

     if (rc<>1);
       http_crash();
     endif;
     dsply CITY ;

     *Inlr = *On;
 /End-Free

 ************Beginning of data**************
HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released 2008-04-24
OS/400 Ver V5R4M0

New iconv() objects set, PostRem=1208. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc=0
http_persist_open(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
DNS resolver retrans: 2
DNS resolver retry  : 2
DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
DNS default domain: GOODMANMFG.COM
DNS server found: 10.10.2.138
DNS server found: 10.10.9.40
DNS server found: 128.177.13.211
http_persist_post(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
do_post(): entered
POST /uszip.asmx HTTP/1.1
Host: www.webservicex.net

recvresp(): entered
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
senddoc(): entered
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"; xmlns:web="http://www.webserviceX.NET";> <soapenv:Header/> <soapenv:Body> <web:GetInfoByZIP> <!--Optional:--> <web:USZip>77429</web:USZip> </web:GetInfoByZIP> </soapenv:Body> </soapenv:Envelope>
recvresp(): entered
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.