Re: Transferring Source Files between iSeries using FTPAPI

Scott Klement wrote:
> Hi Werner,
>
>> My tests always result in an error: 'Source files should be
>> transferred in ASCII mode".
>>
>> In my case I don't need an ASCII mode as it is from EBCDIC to EBCDIC!
>
> I'm not sure that I understand your objection to using ASCII mode.  Are
> you having trouble with characters being mistranslated?
>
> Just put ftp_binary(*OFF) and see if that works.

I was about to say that I could understand how ASCII mode might cause
mistranslation if the boxes are on different default EBCDIC codepages
(e.g., Multinational vs. U.S. English).

Then I realized that ASCII mode might be the only way to AVOID
mistranslation if the boxes are on different default EBCDIC codepages.

--
James H. H. Lampert
Touchtone Corporation