Re: Firewall question: WE GOT A LIVE ONE

Hi James,

The relevant error message is this one:

SetError() #16: recvdoc: saveproc: Not all data was written!

This means that HTTPAPI is calling a routine to save data to disk, and
the routine is telling HTTPAPI that it saved less data to disk than
HTTPAPI asked it to.

Are you calling one of the "raw" routines from your RPG code?  This
error would mean that your raw routine returned a lower value than
HTTPAPI passed in the length parameter.

If you're not calling one of the raw routines, then it means that the
IFS is unable to save all of the data to disk. Perhaps you're running
out of disk space?   This seems unlikely, however.

I'm betting that you are using the raw routines, and that your
subprocedure (similar to the 'Incoming' example I have in some of the
EXAMPLE members) is returning a smaller value than the length passed in
from HTTPAPI -- thus signalling to HTTPAPI that it discarded some data.
  Which is what HTTPAPI is complaining about. ("Not all data was written")

At any rate... the problem is outside of HTTPAPI.  HTTPAPI is calling a
routine (a "callback") to save the data it has received, and that
routine is where the problem is.

James Lampert wrote:
> Last Friday, a customer tried unsuccessfully to access our web service,
> and this is the log that was produced (information identifying the
> customer and the specific box has been censored for the sake of the
> customer's privacy).

[SNIP]