Re: Firewall question: WE GOT A LIVE ONE

Last Friday, a customer tried unsuccessfully to access our web service,
and this is the log that was produced (information identifying the
customer and the specific box has been censored for the sake of the
customer's privacy).

> HTTPAPI Ver 1.21 released 2007-10-01
>
> http_persist_open(): entered
> http_long_ParseURL(): entered
> DNS resolver retrans: 2
> DNS resolver retry  : 2
> DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
> DNS default domain: <censored for customer privacy>
> DNS server found: 172.16.1.11
> DNS server found: 172.16.0.25
> DNS server found: 64.91.4.81
> http_persist_get(): entered
> http_long_ParseURL(): entered
> do_get(): entered
> do_get(): entered
> GET /mmm.sssssss.ll.Q.V5R4M0.900A HTTP/1.1
> Host: wintouch.touchtonecorp.com
>

> recvresp(): entered
> HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> Date: Wed, 6 May 1970 20:19:59 GMT
>

> SetError() #13: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> recvdoc parms: identity 0
> header_load_cookies() entered
> recvdoc(): entered
> SetError() #0:
>  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN\" > <HTML> <HEAD>  <META
> SetError() #16: errno is currently 3406
> SetError() #16: recvdoc: saveproc: Not all data was written!
> http_close(): entered
> http_persist_open(): entered
> http_long_ParseURL(): entered
> DNS resolver retrans: 2
> DNS resolver retrans: 2
> DNS resolver retry  : 2
> DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
> DNS default domain: <censored for customer privacy>
> DNS server found: 172.16.1.11
> DNS server found: 172.16.0.25
> DNS server found: 64.91.4.81
> http_persist_get(): entered
> http_long_ParseURL(): entered
> do_get(): entered
> GET /mmm.sssssss.ll.Q.V5R4M0.900A HTTP/1.1
> Host: 69.238.233.81
> Date: Wed, 6 May 1970 20:19:59 GMT
>

> SetError() #13: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> recvdoc parms: identity 0
> header_load_cookies() entered
> header_load_cookies() entered
> recvdoc(): entered
> SetError() #0:
>  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN\" > <HTML> <HEAD>  <META
> SetError() #16: errno is currently 3406
> SetError() #16: recvdoc: saveproc: Not all data was written!
> http_close(): entered
>  ************End of Data********************

On the server side, this was produced (along with several requests for
the same box but a different LPAR, which likely produced a different
HTTPAPI log in a different IFS):

> AutoAutCode request for: mmm.sssssss.ll.Q.V5R4M0.900A time: Fri Apr 11 2008 15:41:33
> Client problem: A connection with a remote socket was reset by that socket. time: Fri Apr 11 2008 15:41:34
> Client problem: Broken pipe. time: Fri Apr 11 2008 15:41:34

Any clue about what went wrong?

--
James H. H. Lampert
Touchtone Corporation