Re: Can the HTTPAPI service program be trimmed down to a smaller size?

John Rusling wrote:
> I can see why a person might want to do that, and I haven't looked at
> that code in awhile but as I recall, a lot of the pieces are intricately
> woven together, ie procedures using other procedures, etc.

Yes, I looked it over this morning, and filled a sheet of scratch paper
with dependencies. Also found that the biggest single module, containing
everything I'm calling, and most of what it's calling, also contains
most of what I'd be inclined to jettison.

> I'd leave it intact and just use what you need, your gains are, 1) it's
> all in place for the next unforeseen request. 2) upgrading it if new
> functionality is ever included with a newer version.

Oh, well, it was an idea. I guess I can simply yank observability. That
shrinks it down a bit. Or maybe I could stub-out the unused top-level calls.

--
James H. H. Lampert
Touchtone Corporation