Re: Calling webservices from ISeries v5r3 Cobol Program

Hello,

> For my job, i have to found a solution for calling some webservices
> from ISeries v5r3 cobol programs. So i google for this and falling on
> HTTPAPI.

Okay.  HTTPAPI is really designed for RPG. Since one ILE language can
call routines from another language, you should theoretically be able to
use HTTPAPI from COBOL, but I know nothing about COBOL, and can't help
you with your COBOL code if you have a problem.

> *RNF3301 30 a      031800+ The Name entry is not valid; specification
> ignored.           LIBHTTP/QRPGLESRC(ERRNO_H)

This is likely a Globalization/CCSID problem...

> Just an information : QCLE doesn't exist on my ISeries... Could
> QSYSINC replace this library ?

You don't need either QCLE or QSYSINC to build HTTPAPI.  (Though, you do
need QSYSINC and the C compiler to build Expat for XML parsing, if you
plan to use that.)

> How can I do for installing HTTPAPI ? Does someone could help me ?

I've removed the @ symbol (which I suspect is the cause of your problem)
from the ERRNO_H source code.  I've also added some other globalization
fixes to HTTPAPI.

Please download the latest beta copy from one of the following links.
Then follow the same instructions from the main HTTPAPI web page, just
use this download instead:

SAVF: http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.savf
XML:  http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.xml
ZIP:  http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.zip

Let me know if that makes any difference!