Re: Calling webservices from ISeries v5r3 Cobol Program

   Hi Scott,

   Like you, I've suspected the CCSID (FYI, I use CCSID 297 for french
   system), Thank you for the new release I will try it on monday morning
   and give you a return (ofcourse !).

   If I'll succeed to calling webservices from Cobol ILE program with
   HTTPAPI, promised, i'll forward you an example for the community..
   Have a good week-end and see you on monday

   Stif

   2007/9/7, Scott Klement <[1]sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

     Hello,
     > For my job, i have to found a solution for calling some
     webservices
     > from ISeries v5r3 cobol programs. So i google for this and
     falling on
     > HTTPAPI.
     Okay.  HTTPAPI is really designed for RPG. Since one ILE language
     can
     call routines from another language, you should theoretically be
     able to
     use HTTPAPI from COBOL, but I know nothing about COBOL, and can't
     help
     you with your COBOL code if you have a problem.
     > *RNF3301 30 a      031800+ The Name entry is not valid;
     specification
     > ignored.           LIBHTTP/QRPGLESRC(ERRNO_H)
     This is likely a Globalization/CCSID problem...
     > Just an information : QCLE doesn't exist on my ISeries... Could
     > QSYSINC replace this library ?
     You don't need either QCLE or QSYSINC to build HTTPAPI.  (Though,
     you do
     need QSYSINC and the C compiler to build Expat for XML parsing, if
     you
     plan to use that.)
     > How can I do for installing HTTPAPI ? Does someone could help me
     ?
     I've removed the @ symbol (which I suspect is the cause of your
     problem)
     from the ERRNO_H source code.  I've also added some other
     globalization
     fixes to HTTPAPI.
     Please download the latest beta copy from one of the following
     links.
     Then follow the same instructions from the main HTTPAPI web page,
     just
     use this download instead:
     SAVF: [2]http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.savf
     XML:  [3]http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.xml
     ZIP:  [4] http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.zip
     Let me know if that makes any difference!