Re: Sending MIME-HEADERS with XML Web-Service Requests

Mike Krebs wrote:
> Again, just a newb, but the HTTPAPI appears to build the header in
> the do_get/do_post procedures in HTTPAPIR4. I believe you could add
> some code in the appropriate section and build the custom header
> fields out as needed.

A better way to add a custom header is to register an "additional
header" exit procedure and provide the custom header through that
procedure.   There's an example in the EXAMPLE20 member included with
HTTPAPI.

While you could certainly accomplish the same thing by modifying do_post
or do_get, you'd have a hard time upgrading HTTPAPI, since you'd have to
re-make the change with every new version of HTTPAPI...   and that would
discourage you from updating, which in turn would discourage you from
getting the latest features and bug fixes...   If I were you, it'd be a
path that I'd avoid.