Sending MIME-HEADERS with XML Web-Service Requests

   Ladies and Gentlemen...

        I recently posted this message on the SystemiNetwork
   e-Development forum.  Scott was kind enough to offer some insight, and
   suggested that my cause might be better served by posting my message
   here.  That seems like worthwhile advice, so here goes.

        Thanks (in advance) to anyone who can provide any insight at all
   in this matter.

   Wayne Hardey

   I have downloaded LIBHTTP, and am finding that it may be a very useful
   set of tools. At the risk of asking you to be my personal "help desk",
   I have encountered one problem that I am unable to resolve. Perhaps
   you can offer some insight.
   I am trying to submit a request to a credit card clearing house. The
   clearing house requires data to be submitted as XML. They also require
   a MIME-HEADER (with such elements as mime-version, content-type,
   content-length, etc). I am uncertain how to send them this MIME-HEADER
   information. I attempted to construct a string, and merely append it
   to the beginning of the XML string that I am submitting. However, the
   response that I am getting from the clearing house "help desk"
   indicates that they are receiving a MIME-HEADER that looks absolutely
   nothing like what I sent (or what they're expecting).
   As you might suspect, they're only literate in C++, PHP, .asp, .net
   and the such. They've never heard of an iSeries, much less RPG. I am
   having considerable difficulty communicating with them. Can you offer
   any suggestions about constructing a MIME-HEADER, and submitting it as
   part of a web-service request using the tools in LIBHTTP?
   Thanks so very much for any insight you can provide!!

   PS: if you wish to see the specific instruction set I am working
   under, you can access it (approximately 800Kb, 150-page .pdf document)
   from the following location on the web.

   [1]http://www.paymentech.net/download/pdf/Orbital_Gateway_Interface_Sp
   ecification_v4.2.pdf

   The specific instructions that are "giving me gas" are on pages 48-49.

   --

   We've Got Your Name at [2]Mail.com