Scott - Urgent Help in HTTP_SetCCSIDs()

   You have asked me to upgrade to the current version. Also, you have
   asked me to use

   callp HTTP_SetCCSIDs(1208:0).

   1.   I am using the version 1.16 now and majority of the coding
   related to use of HTTPAPI was done by a colleague who is not available
   now. I am not sure of what all libraries and programs he has used and
   changed in putting your sources. This is already in production. As I
   have only very little time to fix this Non-english character issue, so
   is it ok if I can use version 1.16

   2.   Also when i check inside version 1.17 HTTPAPI_H member, I am
   seeing another procedure HTTP_xml_SetCCSIDs() which is not there in
   older version. Did you initially wanted me to use
   HTTP_SetCCSIDs(1208:0) or HTTP_xml_SetCCSIDs(1208:0)

   If I can you use 1.16 itself, will the conversion work if I add the
   below code from 1.17 to my current HTTPAPI_H? If not what other way is
   possible as callp HTTP_SetCCSIDs(1208:0) is still giving me '?'
   instead of special characters.

   *+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
         * HTTP_xml_SetCCSIDs():  Set the CCSIDs used for ASCII/EBCDIC
         *                    translation for XML documents
         *
         *     peRemote = (input) remote CCSID
         *     peLocal  = (input) local CCSID (can be 0 if you want
         *                 to use the CCSID of the current job)
         *
         * Returns 0 if successful, -1 otherwise
         *+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        D HTTP_xml_SetCCSIDs...
        D                 PR            10I 0
        D   peRemote                    10I 0 value
        D   peLocal                     10I 0 value

   *+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

   Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   Hello,
   > Is it ok, if I code it immediately after my main
   > program call these 2 CPYSRC as below 2 statements
   >
   > 0098.00 *
   > 0099.00 /copy *LIBL/qcpysrc,config_h
   > 0100.00 /copy *LIBL/qcpysrc,httpapi_h
   I don't use a file named QCPYSRC. I keep my source members in a file
   named QRPGLESRC. Did you change that? If so, I must warn you that
   making changes to the HTTPAPI source code will make it more difficult
   for you to upgrade from one release to the next. I recommend that you
   leave HTTPAPI as-is. When you write your own programs that itnerface
   with it, put the source code and objects for those programs in
   separate
   libraries so that you can delete and reinstall LIBHTTP without losing
   your source code or objects.
   Also, you don't have to manually include CONFIG_H, it's brought in
   automatically by HTTPAPI_H. I don't understand what any of this has to
   do with your original question about coding international characters?
   All programs that use HTTPAPI must /COPY the HTTPAPI_H member, since
   it
   contains all of the definitions needed to use the tool.
   I can't tell you whether your call to HTTP_setCCSIDs() belongs after
   these statements or not, since I don't know what other code you have
   after these statements! Please remember that I've never seen your
   program!
   You can put the call to http_setccsids() anywhere, as long as it runs
   before your call to HTTP_url_post_xml().
   > Also, I have these codes below inside HHTPAPI_H. Is it like,
   > HTTP_SetCCSID will work only for ASCII and EBCDIC as per the below
   > code? Do I have to change anything in the below code.
   You appear to be using an outdated version of HTTPAPI. Please upgrade
   to the current version.
   > 2. My second doubt is that, whether converting my RPG variable to
   > UTF_8 will in anyway affect my files, as I am also updating certain
   > AS/400 logical files inside the main program where I call
   WEBSERVICES
   > also.
   No, it's purely used to control the data that's sent to the web
   service,
   it has nothing to do with your files.

   Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     At the start of your code, insert a line that looks like this:
     callp HTTP_set_ccsids(1208: 0)
     This tells HTTPAPI to convert your EBCDIC document in your RPG
     variable
     to UTF-8 (Unicode). UTF-8 shouldn't have any trouble with your
     characters. Plus, you've told the web service that your document
     will
     be encoded with UTF-8 -- so it'd make sense to actually encode it
     that way!!
     Unnikrishnan Rajasekharan wrote:
     > Hi all,
     >
     > I am sending some Non-english charcaters like Ñ and ° as
     > shown below from AS/400 to WEBSERVICES with HHTPAPI
     >
     > Address2>CALLE 13 AV CENTENARIO N° 84-65 ATN: FANY PEÑA
     >
     > The non-english charcters were replaced as shown below
     >
     > Request document:

     xmlns:Vastera="[1]http://ndcXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
     XXX
     > XXXXXXXXXXXXXX[2]/envelope/"
     > xmlns:xs="[3]http://www.w3..org/2001/XMLSchema";>
     > stomerValidation_RequestInfo>1036313774-0004-001>
     >PTNR_SHIP_TOPTNR_ULT_CONSIGNE
     > E100ACTIVE> s>KONEKTEL> merName>ADD1 CHGCALLE 13 AV CENTENARIO
     > N? 84-65 ATN: FANY PE?
     >

     > How do I send the non-english charcters as it is with HTTPAPI?
     >
     > Any ideas on this are most welcome..
     >

     > Thanks in advance,
     >
     > Unni

   Do not follow Where the Path May LEAD,
   Go instead where there is No Path and LEAVE A TRAIL.........
   UNNIKRISHNAN.R [08.gif]

   Need Mail bonding?
   Go to the [1]Yahoo! Mail Q&A for [2]great tips from Yahoo! Answers
   users.