Re: One more doubt in Non english character like Ñ being send as '?' to Webservice

Hello,

 >  Is it ok, if I code it immediately after my main
>    program call these 2 CPYSRC as below 2 statements
>
>    0098.00  *
>    0099.00  /copy *LIBL/qcpysrc,config_h
>    0100.00  /copy *LIBL/qcpysrc,httpapi_h

I don't use a file named QCPYSRC.  I keep my source members in a file
named QRPGLESRC.   Did you change that?   If so, I must warn you that
making changes to the HTTPAPI source code will make it more difficult
for you to upgrade from one release to the next.  I recommend that you
leave HTTPAPI as-is.  When you write your own programs that itnerface
with it, put the source code and objects for those programs in separate
libraries so that you can delete and reinstall LIBHTTP without losing
your source code or objects.

Also, you don't have to manually include CONFIG_H, it's brought in
automatically by HTTPAPI_H. I don't understand what any of this has to
do with your original question about coding international characters?
All programs that use HTTPAPI must /COPY the HTTPAPI_H member, since it
contains all of the definitions needed to use the tool.

I can't tell you whether your call to HTTP_setCCSIDs() belongs after
these statements or not, since I don't know what other code you have
after these statements!  Please remember that I've never seen your
program!

You can put the call to http_setccsids() anywhere, as long as it runs
before your call to HTTP_url_post_xml().

>    Also, I have these codes below inside HHTPAPI_H. Is it like,
>    HTTP_SetCCSID will work only for ASCII and EBCDIC as per the below
>    code? Do I have to change anything in the below code.

You appear to be using an outdated version of HTTPAPI.  Please upgrade
to the current version.

>    2. My second doubt is that, whether converting my RPG variable to
>    UTF_8 will in anyway affect my files, as I am also updating certain
>    AS/400 logical files inside the main program where I call WEBSERVICES
>    also.

No, it's purely used to control the data that's sent to the web service,
it has nothing to do with your files.