Re: FTPAPI module names

Sender: Christian <chrisv5@xxxxxx>

Scott Klement wrote:
Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I want to put the TCP low level functions into a separate module (and at the same time making them more generic, not tied to FTPAPI like they are now). Got any good suggestion for a module name (plus its header member)? any other suggestions for modularization?

You might look at the way I did this in HTTPAPI. I implemented a generic format for a "Communication module" and created two of them, one for regular TCP, and another for SSL. Which one gets used is based on setting pointers in a data structure, so I can easily switch between communications modules, and it's transparent to the rest of the code.

Cannot handle this with FTP like it is done with HTTP(S). In the http world it is simple, it's either SSL or non-SSL. In the FTP world you start with non-SSL and then issue a START SSL (START TLS) for the control channel. On the data channel SSL can independently be switched on/off any time with the PROT command. VERY DIFFERENT. Implicit SSL in FTP is *deprecated* for quite some time now.

Christian