RPG compiler question

Sender: Christian <chrisv5@xxxxxx>

As some of you seem to be closer to the compiler guys than me, I have a question for you:

what is "cheaper" in terms of resources & speed for the ILE RPG compiler? passing an integer (actually, any ordinal parameter) by value (4 bytes) or by reference (16 bytes)? I would suppose "by value" would be cheaper (less stack space, need to move 1/4 of memory), but one never knows (how RPG maps to C which in turn maps to virtual machine code which maps to the native CPU).

Regards,
Christian