Re: http_url_post_xml questions

I would like to use http_url_post_xml as in EXAMPLE16 so I can use post instead of GET as in EXAMPLE15. With Ex-15 I was able to figure out how I could Incoming( ) with my returned XML. But I'm having trouble figuring out how to use StartOfElement( ) and EndOfElement( ) in Ex-16.

First off I am at O.S. (5.1) so I believe that precludes me from using the those two procedures?

EXAMPLE16 uses arrays of qualified data structures, which is a feature first introduced in V5R2.

However, the HTTPAPI routines that EXAMPLE16 calls should be V5R1 compatible. It's the code in EXAMPLE16 itself that requires V5R2.

Is it possible to use http_url_post_xml( ) using code similar to Ex-15?

Yes. The only difference is POST vs. GET

I've tried simple using Incoming( ) with Ex-16 and get the error... The call to HTTP_URL_E ended in error © G D F). am I barking up the wrong tree or should I continue down this path?

It should work, I think you're on the right path. However, that error implies that you're having a problem with one of the HTTP_URL_ENCODER_XXX routines, and not with HTTP_URL_POST_XML() as you originally stated!!