Re: http_url_post_xml questions

Sender: "Eric Jones" <Eric.Jones@xxxxxxxxxx>

thanks for the direction...
I was calling http_url_encoder_free(Enc) instead of http_url_encoder_new at the beginning of my pgm.

>>> sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/14/05 5:44 AM >>>

> I would like to use http_url_post_xml as in EXAMPLE16 so I can use post
> instead of GET as in EXAMPLE15. With Ex-15 I was able to figure out how
> I could Incoming( ) with my returned XML. But I'm having trouble
> figuring out how to use StartOfElement( ) and EndOfElement( ) in Ex-16.

> First off I am at O.S. (5.1) so I believe that precludes me from using
> the those two procedures?

EXAMPLE16 uses arrays of qualified data structures, which is a feature
first introduced in V5R2.

However, the HTTPAPI routines that EXAMPLE16 calls should be V5R1
compatible. It's the code in EXAMPLE16 itself that requires V5R2.

> Is it possible to use http_url_post_xml( ) using code similar to Ex-15?

Yes.  The only difference is POST vs. GET

> I've tried simple using Incoming( ) with Ex-16 and get the error... The
> call to HTTP_URL_E ended in error © G D F). am I barking up the wrong
> tree or should I continue down this path?

It should work, I think you're on the right path.  However, that error
implies that you're having a problem with one of the HTTP_URL_ENCODER_XXX
routines, and not with HTTP_URL_POST_XML() as you originally stated!!