http_url_post_xml questions

I would like to use  http_url_post_xml as in EXAMPLE16 so I can use post instead of GET as in EXAMPLE15.
With Ex-15 I was able to figure out how I could Incoming( ) with my returned XML.
But I'm having trouble figuring out how to use StartOfElement( ) and EndOfElement( ) in Ex-16.
First off I am at O.S. (5.1) so I believe that precludes me from using the those two procedures?
Is it possible to use http_url_post_xml( ) using code similar to Ex-15?
I've tried simple using Incoming( ) with Ex-16 and get the error... The call to HTTP_URL_E ended in error © G D F).
am I barking up the wrong tree or should I continue down this path?
?-- Eric