RE: Re: Receving data past back from a webservice

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I would really prefer to have the data returned to me in the program,
> but I keep getting all sorts of errors.  Can I use this "get", and
> somehow get the data back to the program so that I can use it and
> display it to a screen?  I don't know if it helps, but the error message
> I get when I try to use the post is:
>
> DSPLY  XML parse failed at line 20, col 75: not well-form

I'd tell whomever is writing the web service about this error.  If the XML
data is not well-formed, he should know about it.  This implies that he's
got a mistake in the data he's returning to you.

I've already explained in my previous message how to get the data into a
variable in your program instead of saving it to the IFS. If you want to
display it on the screen as you receive it, that's up to you -- it's just
a matter of inserting an RPG EXFMT or WRITE or whatever code you want
after the data is received.