RE: Re: Receving data past back from a webservice

Sender: "Calabro, Buck" <Buck.Calabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Where would I fing this HTTPAPI2 you mentioned?

Sorry, EXAMPLE2.  My fingers got ahead of my brain.

> I would really prefer to have the data
> returned to me in the program, but I
> keep getting all sorts of errors.

If you have a program that's getting any results, keep working with it.  Run it in debug and inspect the variables at each step to get a better understanding of how everything fits together.

> Can I use this "get", and somehow get
> the data back to the program so
> that I can use it and display it to a screen?

Yes.  Understand that GET and POST are HTTP/CGI methods.  If you don't understand GET and POST as they relate to CGI programming, you should get a book on CGI programming.  These APIs are intended for folks who are pretty much familiar with web programming concepts already.  If you have to fight through new concepts AND through code you aren't familiar with, you could be in for a hard time of it.

Understand also that the examples Scott provides are exactly that: examples.  They aren't meant to be a complete solution to anyone's specific business problems.  You can certainly start off with one of them as a basis for your own work, but you _will_ have to do a bunch of programming yourself.

If you want to have the results displayed on the screen, _you_ are going to have to create the screen, _you_ are going to have to insert the code that grabs the results and put it on the screen.  In each and every one of the examples the data comes back to the program.  The program then stores/displays it any way it wants.  In the case of EXAMPLE16, it gets the results back from UPS and then stores those results in an IFS file.  If you want those results on a screen, you'll have to write that section yourself.
  --buck

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Communications Software Consultants, Inc. for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed
and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
message from your system without copying or forwarding it.