RE: SSL Rehandshake request from server causing problems...

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Paul,

HTTPAPI uses the IBM Global Secure Toolkit ("GSKit") that comes with
OS/400 in order to do SSL/TLS conversations.

Re-negotiations should be handled automatically and properly by GSKit.
(And, indeed, I haven't had any problems with them.)

If re-negotiations are causing problems, it's probably a bug in GSKit --
and therefore, it's IBM who needs to fix it.  Not a lot I can do about it,
since they didn't give me the source code for it ;)

Aside from making sure that you've got all of the latest SSL related PTFs
installed, all I can suggest it contacting IBM.