RE: httpapi connect problem

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ian,

> I havn't received any reply on the issue below which is becoming serious, so
> not sure if it got to this group.

I'm not sure what you want me to say.  I have no idea what's wrong with
HTTPAPI over point-to-point.  I do not have a modem or ISP that I can use
with point-to-point, so I can't try it myself.

Since I can't try it myself, and I don't have a clear idea of what's wrong
or how to fix it, all I can do is take random stabs at it until one of
them works.

Way back in, I think it was August, I suggested trying 1.10 to see if it
fixed the problem.  Apparently you didn't try that until now, in October.
I can understand that you can get busy with other tasks -- but please also
understand that so can I!  If I don't respond to your e-mails in 1 day,
surely that's better than you not responding to mine for nearly 2 months!

Try waiting until after the connect is complete before switching to
non-blocking.  Tell me if that solves the problem.  Here's how you do
that:

edit the COMMSSLR4 source member.  Find the routine called
CommSSL_Connect().  In that routine you'll see the following code:

0212.00 c*  Put socket in nonblocking mode so
0213.00 c*   we can do timeouts, etc.
0214.00 c                   eval      wwFlags = fcntl(s: F_GETFL)
0215.00 c                   eval      wwFlags = wwFlags + O_NONBLOCK
0216.00 c                   callp     fcntl(s: F_SETFL: wwFlags)
0217.00
0218.00 C*  Start the connect process:
0219.00 c                   if        connect(s: peSockAddr: %size(sockaddr))
0220.00 c                               < 0
0221.00 c                   if        errno <> EINPROGRESS
0222.00 c                   callp     SetError(HTTP_BADCNN: 'connect(): ' +
0223.00 c                                %str(strerror(errno)) )
0224.00 c                   callp     close(s)
0225.00 c                   return    *OFF
0226.00 c                   endif
0227.00 c                   endif

It's possible tha the line numbers will be different on your system -- so
please find the code that matches what I've shown above.  Using the
numbers above, move lines 212-216 so that they are AFTER line 227.  This
will tell the system to swtich to non-blocking mode AFTER the connection
has already been established.

Hopefully that will either solve the problem or give you a different error
message that will tell you something new.