RE: httpapi connect problem

Sender: "Ian Patterson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We have made the change so that the connect() is blocked & waits for
something.
This is the debug:

************Beginning of data**************
HTTPAPI Ver 1.10 released 2004-09-24

https_init(): entered
http_url_get(): entered
http_persist_open(): entered
http_long_ParseURL(): entered
SetError() #6: connect(): A remote host refused an attempted connect
 operation.
************End of Data********************

This is interesting, as it now throws up two problems:

1. When using unblocked comms, on dial-up connection, we got the 'invalid
argument' error on the second connect call.
On the assumption that the error above somehow caused this, it would seem
that the refused connection seems to destroy the socket or something in the
socket structure. This would then account for the invalid argument
situation.

2. What would cause a remote host to refuse a connection ?. The data sent
over the dial-up connection is the same as the Internet connection:
0877.00 c                   eval      rc = http_url_get(
0878.00 c                               %trim(remsiteL): %trimr(InFile1): +
0879.00 c                              90: %trimr(SoftwID))
where remsiteL =
https://paymentservices.bacs.co.uk/submissions/submission-webapp/loginApplic
ation.do
and SoftwID = SFP1234

the only area I can think that may be contributing something here is the
resolution of the DNS
On the internet connection, we rely on the external DNS to sort things out
On the dial-up connection, the PPP profile defines the DNS as dynamically
allocated - its within the remote host system.

Regards

Ian Patterson

ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Grange IT Limited