RE: HTTPAPI 1.9 pre3

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Sean,

> I just removed the *SRCSTMT: *NODEBUGIO to get by that issue.  I'm not
> familiar with atoll, so I just changed the 20i0 to 10i0 to see what would
> happen.  What's the workaround for the wwNumb?  I haven't had time to look
> at it yet.

Well, what I'm going to do is put more /define's in the CONFIG_H member
that will workaround the 20i0 and SRCSTMT/NODEBUGIO issues so that HTTPAPI
will still compile on V4R2.

Atoll() is a C function, just like atoi(), that converts a character
representation of a string to an integer representation.  The difference
is that atoll() returns a 64-bit integer (can store up to 20 digits)
wheras atoi() returns a 32-bit integer (only 10 digits).   I'm using it to
interpret the length of the data that the HTTP server will send -- if I
used atoi() I'd limit myself to only being able to transfer 2gb files.
With atoll() the limitation is much, much larger.

Since atoll() won't work in V4R2, what I'm going to do is make it use
atoi() if atoll() isn't available -- that means that people on pre-V4R4
systems are limited to only being able to get 2gb files in a single
transfer, which probably isn't a big deal.

I'll upload new copies of the source to my web site in a minute (including
a .ZIP version) and then you can try again and see what I missed :)