RE: HTTPAPI 1.9 pre3

Sender: Sean Porterfield <sporter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Scott Klement wrote:

> Well, what I'm going to do is put more /define's in the CONFIG_H member
> that will workaround the 20i0 and SRCSTMT/NODEBUGIO issues so that HTTPAPI
> will still compile on V4R2.

Great!  Bad on my part: through all my tribulations I ended up getting 1.8
instead of 1.9 pre3 (oops!)  Now that I have 1.9 pre4 I have a minor
addition.

In CONFIGR4 the same /if is required as in HTTPAPIR4

  /if defined(HAVE_SRCSTMT_NODEBUGIO)
 H OPTION(*SRCSTMT: *NODEBUGIO: *NOSHOWCPY)
  /endif

> Since atoll() won't work in V4R2, what I'm going to do is make it use
> atoi() if atoll() isn't available -- that means that people on pre-V4R4
> systems are limited to only being able to get 2gb files in a single
> transfer, which probably isn't a big deal.

No problem here!  Thanks!

> I'll upload new copies of the source to my web site in a minute (including
> a .ZIP version) and then you can try again and see what I missed :)

The ZIP made my transition to the 400 much easier!

EXAMPLE11 failed to compile:

    692 c                   eval(h)   Pct = %div(BytesRecv*100:
BytesTotal)
 ======>                                    aaaa              b cccccccccc
*RNF0604 20 a      006300  The token is not valid; token is ignored.

It looks like %div was introducted in V4R4 :(   (Yes, it really sucks
being a *personal* user of an AS/400 that is stuck on an old release; at
least it's no longer V3R2...)

That's all I ran into, and EXAMPLE1 ran properly for me.