MORE, Re: AW: Sending binary data to a web service

On 10/7/16, 3:15 PM, Scott Klement wrote:
You need to understand what the web service is looking for.

Many sites use a form of MIME called "multipart form data" for uploading
files.  If you need that, HTTPAPI provides a set of routines that begin
with "http_mfd" that you can use to encode in that format.
. . .
But, it all depends on what the web service is expecting -- something
you have told us nothing about.

I just re-read something the web service developer sent me whil I was on vacation, and saw this:

The file is uploaded by following JAX-RS multipart/form-data, you should
google how the language (you are going to use) assemble relative HTTP
requests.

It seems your guess is correct about "multipart form data."

It's getting close to quitting time here, but I went ahead and did a Google search on it, and found some material from Apache, and some material on Stack Overflow.

Am I correct in assuming that EXAMPLE7 ("This example demonstrates posting multipart/form-data to a web server.") is the one I want to look at? Is there anything else relevant I should look at, as well?

--
JHHL