Re: AW: Sending binary data to a web service

On 10/7/16, 3:15 PM, Scott Klement wrote:
http_url_post_stmf() always posts in binary.  It never attempts to
translate your data.
. . .
But, it all depends on what the web service is expecting -- something
you have told us nothing about.

Well, I'm back from my vacation, and I went ahead and tried feeding a ZIP file into http_url_post_stmf, just to see what I get.

I got a return code of -1, and in the debug log, I got what looks like the beginning of the ZIP file, followed by this:
(GSKit) I/O: Broken pipe.
ssl_error(406): (GSKit) I/O: Broken pipe.
SetError() #55: CommSSL_BlockWrite: send: (GSKit) I/O: Broken pipe.
http_close(): entered

Apparently this is not what the web service is expecting. Or I'm doing something else wrong. Hopefully, the fellow who wrote the web service will have an answer for me tomorrow, because all the Swagger UI page says about it is

--
JHHL