Question on using the HTTPAPI to receive a GUID

Thank you Charles for the extra information regarding the GUID.  I did understand some things about it, but from what I am understanding once I am able to get the XML parsed out into the iSeries I will be using that value to send to the next URL that will be giving me the actual data back in XML format.  The GUID XML will have 0 to x+ nodes depending on how many different sets of XML I will be needing to download in the next step.

Scott,

Thank you for your comment also.  I was also hoping this would be an easy process of receiving the XML that would contain the GUID that I will need to use in the following URL call to actually get the XML data.  There really is no documentation relating to the process yet, as another part of our company is working on the SQL server side and I am just working on getting data to them, hopefully and back again.

The XML that I will be receiving looks like this:
<ArrayOfguid><guid>07ceac4b-52be-4f03-be21-32b77b92301d</guid></ArrayOfguid>

I might have had trouble with the example from the LIBHTTP library because as I found out today in talking to the group that created it the URL is now broken and is not returning the correct XML.  The method I need to use is to call a REST web service.  The example of the program I found that I think closely resembles what I need to do from the library LIBHTTP examples is EXAMPLE12- Example of working with cookies, the other choice was EXAMPLE13-Example of Download Currency Exchange Rates (REST).  I did choose EXAMPLE12 because in my URL string I also needed to send it a timestamp and other code that is used to get me the correct GUID XML.  Which in this example also sends data to the URL as ?query=.

Again, I do not know if my change to the program works or does not work because the URL is currently broken.  I am wondering if I am on the correct track of using an existing example program to change to do what I need to happen.  From the example I did not know if I need to keep (but I did and changed):

form = webform_open();
webform_setVar(form: 'StartTime': %Trim(wrkts));
webform_setVar(form: 'InstanceId': 'uk');
uri = 'https://xxxservicewebapp.xxxwebsites.net/api/+
       EndServiceMessage/GetMessages+
       ?StartTime=' + webform_getData(Form)+
       '&InstanceId=' + webform_getData(Form);
webform_close(form);

when I run this part of the program it creates:
uri =
'https://ecolabservicewebapp.azurewebsites.net/api/EndService'
'Message/GetMessages?StartTime=StartTime=2016-03-21T19%3A20%3'
'A02-05%3A00&InstanceId=uk&InstanceId=StartTime=2016-03-21T19'
'%3A20%3A02-05%3A00&InstanceId=uk                            '

And I get the following error after it runs:
rc = http_url_get_xml( uri: *null: %paddr(parseXML): *null);
if (rc <> 1);
     http_crash();
endif;

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

The program has not run correctly yet, so for the parsing of the XML I have not been able to start that as I do not know what the results will give me back for the path and also the name field values.  I have left it as the way the example program has it set up (I do understand this is the wrong data it is looking for).  While in debugging the program the PATH = '/html/head' and '/html'.  Then the program errors with the above error.

I guess to sum this all up, I am very new at consuming web services and I would like to know based on the example program that I am using and also the changes I have made to it if I am on the correct track to solve this programming issue.  Web services seem very interesting and this is the first time I have ever seen/used them.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated in working with the example program to complete this part of the project that I am working on.

Thanks,

John

Message: 1