Re: HTTPAPI/EXPAT update to Storrage model *INHERIT

I do not recall having any problems with storage model = *TERASPACE

Awhile back I was experimenting with having HTTPAPI using storage model *SNGLVL, but do all of it's memory allocations in teraspace. At that time, RPG did not support other storage models (only C did). My updates worked nicely, but caused compatibility problems with Expat which is written in C. At that time, C only supported teraspace when you used the storage model teraspace... so it was a compatibility issue.

If you are on a current release, you should be able to change the INSTALL and MKEXPAT code to add the teraspace storage model, and I suspect that all will work properly, since RPG now supports the teraspace storage model.

If you want to experiment with my support for using teraspace allocations, you can enable it by editing CONFIG_H and defining USE_TS_MALLOC64 and TERASPACE. This should also work, allowing for >16MB allocations if you are on a current release, since ILE C has been updated to allow teraspace allocations with 128bit pointers without changing it's storage model.

I have not experimented with these recently as I have not had a need for allocations that large.