RE: Wunderground REST format

   to check DNS just try from a command line
   PING   'api.wunderground.com'
   Paul
   From:        "Bill Zader (Exel US)" <Bill.Zader@xxxxxxxx>
   To:        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date:        13/03/2015 22:06
   Subject:        RE: Wunderground REST format
   Sent by:        ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   Thanks.  Is there a quick way to check DNS resolution. I am able to
   resolve to other iseries on the network via the server name but not
   sure if I am set to resolve outside of network.
   I got your quick example to compile by making the below addition.
   D wundertest      PR                  ExtPgm('wundertest')
   D   State                        2a   const
   D   City                        32a   const
   D getweather      PR
   D   resp                              likeds(response)
   D   depth                       10i 0 value
   d   name                      1024a   varying const
   D   path                     24576a   varying const
   D   value                    32767a   varying const
   D   attrs                         *   dim(32767)
   D                                     const options(*varsize)
   D wundertest      PI
   D   State                        2a   const
   D   City                        32a   const
   However when I run it I get a pointer error.
      Pointer not set for location referenced.
      Function check. MCH3601 unmonitored by GETWEATH01 at statement
   0000001809,
        instruction X'0000'.
      Pointer or parameter error (C G D F).
      Pointer or parameter error (C G D F).
   Bill Zader
   Team Leader, Application Support
   (RAF, MRO, XMS, Irista, CribMaster, Infor, ClearOrbit)
   Exel
   260 Salem Church Road
   Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 USA
   Office: 717-901-1091