RE: Suggestions on missing config- Do we need to Crypto access product installed ?

In your https_init, you called with appID UPS. Scott indicated that you might consider *blanks. Using a specific application ID is possible, but then you have to associate the DCM profile with the application. This is usually reserved for those specific occasions where the entity you are communicating with has provided you with a certificate that you have installed in the DCM. In your debug, you can see that UPS did not work out very well:

SetError() #35: Application is not registered with DCM!

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 10:49 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Suggestions on missing config- Do we need to Crypto access product installed ?

Krish,

To enable SSLv3 in HTTPAPI 1.26+, you must call https_init() at the start of your program.  For example:

https_init(*blanks: *OFF: *ON: *ON: *ON: *ON);

This tells the HTTPS support in HTTPAPI to use a blank appid (default application profile), disable SSLv2 (*OFF), and enable SSLV3 (*ON), as well as TLSv1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 (all set to *ON). By default *OFF is used for SSLv3 due to the fact that it is no longer considered secure.

The QSSLPCL system value specifies which versions of SSL/TLS that applications are *allowed* to use.  So it's important that SSLv3 is enabled there, but HTTPAPI 1.26+ will not attempt to use it unless you
also specify it in https_init().    The *OPSYS value means "use whatever
versions are the default for the operating system", which is different in different versions of IBM i.  In V7R1 and older, I believe SSLV3 is enabled with *OPSYS, however, with V7R2, it is not, so you would need to enable it explicitly.,

Good luck