Re: HTTPAPI Version 1.26 Released!

Hi Ron,

In order to use TLSv1.1 or TLSv1.2 on V7R1, you'll need to enable these protocols in the QSSLPCL system value. You can do this:

*CHGSYSVAL SYSVAL(QSSLPCL) VALUE('*TLSV1 *TLSV1.1 *TLSV1.2')*

The QSSLPCL system value tells which versions of SSL/TLS the operating system will allow applications like HTTPAPI to use, so if this system value does not enable TLS v1.1 and 1.2, then HTTPAPI cannot use it. The default (*OPSYS) allows different versions depending on your OS version, but I believe that at V7R1, *OPSYS equates to *SSLV3 *TLSV1. (*TLSV1 is only TLS v1.0)

You'll also need the appropriate PTFs for V7R1, of course -- but these have been available for more than a year already, so there's a good chance you already have them.

-SK