Re: WSDL and XML list no User/Password but API requires it

Hi Elaina,

Lets see if  I can explain this well...

The stuff you put in your XML is "SOAP stuff", i.e. it's part of the SOAP protocol. SOAP can, theoretically be transported over different networks using different network protocols (though, honestly, I've never seen it used with anything but HTTP -- but theoretically, it can be.)

In this case, though, you aren't trying to put a userid/password inside the XML, because the web service doesn't call for that -- it's calling for HTTP BASIC authetnication, which is not part of SOAP, it's part of the HTTP network protocol itself.

Anyway, with that background... what you'll want to do is something like this in HTTPAPI:

If you just want to hard code the userid/password you could do:

 http_setauth( HTTP_AUTH_BASIC
             : 'ELAINA'
             : 'THEPASSWORD' );

You can also do it by somehow getting the userid/password into variables, and then passing the variables to the http_setauth routine:

 MyUserid = 'ELAINA';
 MyPassword = 'THEPASSWORD';

 http_setauth( HTTP_AUTH_BASIC
             : MyUserid
             : MyPassword );

The idea is to call this before each http_post or http_get or whatever HTTP operations you do, and it will include the userid/password with BASIC auth when it does the HTTP transfer.

Hope that helps.