WSDL and XML list no User/Password but API requires it

   I am currently working with a vendor to "consume" a web service.
   They have provided documentation listing sample XML Requests, XML
   their documentation that users are authenticating using HTTP Basic
   Authentication (username/password).
   Nowhere in their documentation do I see any notations of a
   Username/Password however, going directly to their WSDL via the
   internet, I am prompted for a Username/Password.  I enter what they
   have provided and can successfully view their WDSL in my browser
   session.  Nowhere can I see the username/password elements.
   Going directly to their site and extracting the WDSL via soapUI, again
   using the Username/Password provided by them, it doesn't show a
   username/password element in the <Header> either.
   Obviously I can't pass the username/password as part of my XML process
   and need some type of a precursor event.
   What am I missing?  I am sure it is something simple.
   Elaina