Call to HTTP_URL_P ended in error

   Hi Scott

   The problem is not in the application functionality but in the TCP low
   level algorithm.

   I have this problem in my application for a long time.

   But before address it, I'll describe the application  in order to give
   you the background of what cause it.

   Application is a Web service server program, running under Apache as a
   CGI program.

   An external source send a web service request to open a lead or
   incident in our internal CRM software.

   Our AS/400 is the front end to all external web service requests.

   Thus CGI Parses the request, build a new web service request and send
   it to internal CRM.

   May be other old programs working under same job, doing some TCP
   connections to other places.

   When the problem raised, I debugged the Apache job (STRSRVJOB) and
   found the following:

   When the job runs for a long time, many programs communicate with TCP
   in the wrong way (sockets are not closed, or not reused), then socket
   number ( file descriptor ) can very easily reach the numbers of 224.

   Since FDSET structure is only 28 bytes, when CalcBitPos returns value
   greater then 28, then HTTP_URL_P.... ends with error.

   Hope this help to understand the problem.

   Regards

   LogoWhiteSmall

   Boaz Mermelstein

   9/15 Shkolnik Aharon st. |  Rehovot 76209  |  Israel

   Phone: +972 8 9458690  |  Mobile:+972 54 4441 891  |  Fax: +972 151 54
   4441 891

   http://www.smbt.co.il

JPEG image