Re: Converting from UTF16LE to Ascii

   Hi Magne
   Scott Klement wrote a little conversion-program for this.
   You can find it here:
   [1]http://forums.systeminetwork.com/isnetforums/showthread.php?t=14557
   1
   Best regards
   Jan
   Am 14.10.2011 19:06, schrieb Scott Klement:

Hi Magne,

The file you have is UTF-16LE, but CCSID 1200 is UTF-16.  The "LE"
stands for "little endian", whereas CCSID 1200 is "big endian."

IBM does not officially support UTF-16LE (CCSID 1202) anywhere on the
system as far as I know -- the only IBM-approved way to deal with
UTF-16LE is by converting it from UTF-16LE to UTF-16 (CCSID 1200) with
the QlgTransformUCSData() API.

Once converted to UTF-16 (which is fully supported), you can mark it as
CCSID 1200 and deal with it normally.