ftp_quote not working

   I am trying to create a list of all audit files on an FTP server.

   I may have thousands of entries (begin with AUDIT or BATCH)  and am
   going to use the output file to compare against a file of already
   ftp'd files and ftp files not already there.

   If I log on by hand, everything works ok:

   Connecting to remote host 172.17.1.21 using port 5008.

   220 FileZilla Server version 0.9.24 beta

   trails_client

   331 Password required for trails_client

   230 Logged on

   UNIX emulated by FileZilla

   sendepsv

   SENDEPSV is off.

   ls audit* (disk

   227 Entering Passive Mode (172,17,1,21,17,89)

   150 Connection accepted

   226 Transfer OK

   I connect to the ftp server ok with FTPAPI but keep getting a syntax
   error through ftp_quote

   // connect to the line 1 ftp server

   ftp = ftp_conn('172.17.1.21':'trails_client':'password':5008);

   // set the passive mode *off

   ReturnCode = Ftp_PassiveMode(ftp:*Off);

   // create lsoutput file with all audit files

   ReturnCode = Ftp_Quote(ftp:'ls audit* (disk');

   Joblog says:

   > ls audit* (disk

   500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.

   Why is this a syntax error?  I'm probably doing something wrong, but I
   can't figure it out.

   Thanks in advance for any help,

   Craig

   contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
   review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
   destroy all copies of the original message. Unless expressly stated in
   this e-mail, nothing in this message or any attachment should be
   construed as a digital or electronic signature.