Converting from UTF16LE to Ascii

   Hi Scott,

   I got a file in Unicode (UTF16LE) and tries to import to a pf.

   I have read a couple of your articles about this and got a few leads
   on how to do this, but could not find how to get from Unicode to
   ascii.

   1.      I store the file in IFS, it gets CCSID = 1252.  I can view the
   file with wrklnk and option 5, but I guess it's still Unicode since
   I've just stored it.

   2.      I tried to use these commands with no success:

   CHGATR OB(`/magnek/mms1.txt') ATR(*CCSID) VALUE(1200)

   I can not see any characters with wrklnk and option 5. But wordpad
   shows the file ok.

   CHGATR OB(`/magnek/mms1.txt') ATR(*CCSID) VALUE(819)

   Same result as in nbr 1.

   3.      I tried to use CPY fromccsid(1200) toccsid(819). Same result
   as in nbr 1.

   4.      I tried to use CPYFRMSTMF and CPYFRMIMPF with no success.

   How can I get this UTF16LE file from the IFS to a PF?

   Best regards,

   Magne