RE: Security providers

   Scott,
   I thought I downloaded HTTPAPI, which is how I think I got the
   "rs=..." program that uses the GSK_TOOLKIT [I think I used example 3,
   but I am home now and do not remember the exact name].
   I used that program as an example, and could not get it to work.
   Out of desperation, I again contacted the vendor who reiterated about
   the bouncy castle thing. I went to the b/c website and downloaded the
   drivers. I copied them into that directory below, and I changed the
   java security file, but still no go. I even reloaded the certificate
   into DCM and it still did not work.
   We had a conference call this morning with Linoma, and they helped a
   lot. I have made a lot of progress today with their software, and
   actually made a connection and attempted a file transfer, and received
   a file format exception message from the processor. So that is good.
   Linoma says their software does not work with DCM, so that is why my
   repeated attempts at loading certificates into DCM and not having any
   luck with Linoma was happening. So right now, I think I am good. I am
   waiting for the vendor to tell me what the file format exception is.
   I still would like this whole thing to work with the GSK toolkit, but
   at this point, I am happy to just get communication to the vendor
   using the Linoma software.
   If I reload everything into DCM, should I expect the GSK toolkit to
   work? We did create another certificate today, which is working, so
   maybe I should load that into DCM and try again.
   Thank you for your help in a trying situation!!
   Doug
   > Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 13:50:12 -0500
   > From: sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Subject: Re: Security providers
   >
   > Hi Doug,
   >
   > I'm sorry, I'm getting confused.
   >
   > In private e-mail, you told me you were using HTTPAPI. We also
   > discussed GSK_OS400_APPLICATION_ID, which is a part of IBM's GSKit.
   This
   > latest message suggests that you are using Java rather than
   HTTPAPI...

   > The java.security file, bouncy castle, and the
   > /QIBM/ProdData/OS400/Java400/jdk/lib/security directory are not
   going to
   > have any impact whatsoever on HTTPAPI, which isn't written in Java.
   >
   > Can you clarify the situation?
   >

   > On 5/12/2011 9:09 AM, Doug Englander wrote:
   > >

   > > A vendor requests we install a security provider called bouncy
   castle
   > > in order to communicate with their server. We need to communicate
   > > using HTTPS/SSL using POST.
   > >
   > > I have downloaded and installed keys and certificates. I have also
   > > downloaded, at the vendors request, bouncy castle and added an
   entry
   > > for that into the java.security file on our iSeries. I have made
   the
   > > entry #2, and pushed all entries after that down, by incrementing
   the
   > > number by one.
   > >
   > > I placed the downloaded copy of bouncy castle in that directory,
   which
   > > is:
   > > /QIBM/ProdData/OS400/Java400/jdk/lib/security
   > >
   > > When I try to connect, I get CERTIFICATE IS NOT SIGNED BY A
   TRUSTED