From: Mike Krebs
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:29 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: RE: Strange error with FTPAPI

The passive connection appears to the problem. As talked about here
http://www.ncftp.com/ncftpd/doc/misc/ftp_and_firewalls.html the
router/firewall should be re-writing the external address in the passive
response and keeping track of that information (set up a forwarding rule).

As far as not timing out...it looks like it should work as coded. You should
be seeing Z increase in value (assuming you are in that DO at 293) (BTW,
line 303 shouldn't be needed unless you are trying to cut in two the number
of retries). If you try a low timeout (10), do you loop? What is the value
of $MaxTent? Do you ever get the message at 301?

FWIW: This programs does a lot of %TRIML. Are storing data right to left?
Not familiar with how you are storing the data but it seems somewhat unusual
to trim the blanks off the front of something and not trim the blanks off
the back.